Recipe by weekend cooker
a simple layered dish that is so easy to make. Makes a superb dinner.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
I was sure this would be a hit and it was. I keep my ground beef in one pound packages in the freezer so I cut the meet down to one pound and used frozen peas. I was also dismayed to find I didn't have enough potatoes and all the stores were closed for Victoria Day. I substituted frozen hash brown patties and they worked out beautifully. Next time I'll use the sliced potatoes called for in the recipe. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground chuck
- 6 medium potatoes, thinly sliced, and divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced, and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained and divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, undrained and divided
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canfat-free low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground chuck in non stick skillet, then create the following layers in slow cooker.
- Layer 1, 1/4 of potatoes, 1/2 of the onions, salt, and pepper.
- Layer 2 half can of corn.
- Layer 3 one fourth of the potatoes.
- Layer 4 half can of peas.
- Layer 5 one fourth of the potatoes, mixed with remaining onions, salt, and pepper.
- Layer 6 remaining corn.
- Layer 7 remaining potatoes.
- Layer 8 remaining peas and water.
- Layer 9 ground chuck.
- Layer 10 mushroom soup.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.