Baked Vegetables With White Beans
photo by Starrynews
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, well drained, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- basil and oregano (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blanch broccoli 2 minutes, remove with slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Drain and pat dry; place in large bowl. Cook potatoes in same water about 7 minutes. Drain well and add to broccoli. Stir in tomatoes, white beans, and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Season with basil and oregano to taste if you like.
- Spread half of vegetable mixture in a shallow 12x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Spoon on remaining vegetables and top with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil, and bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this as written, only leaving out the olive. I prepared this ahead of time for dinner, and then just popped it in the oven to bake. Veggies were very tender and flavorful - the basil was a definite great option. This went very nicely with recipe#381775 and will be something I make again. Thanks for posting. Made for "I RECOMMEND" tag game.
I'm another one who likes to eat potatoes that haven't been peeled, but other than that, your recipe was followed right on down & I shared this great vegetable dish with a neighbor couple, & we all loved the veggie combo! Will certainly be making this one again! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This dish is a winner! DD and I both loved it. I made some very minor changes which I don't believe affected the final outcome of the recipe. I didn't peel the potatoes and used garbanzo beans for the white beans. I also used pimiento stuffed green olives as my family doesn't care for black olives. I did sprinkle on the optional basil. This recipe is going into DD's Favorites cookbook. Thanks for sharing. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Knoxville, TN with DH, my beautiful son, and the most spoiled cat on the planet! I grew up in Cincinnati and landed in TN by way of Bloomington, IN and Santa Fe, NM. Needless to say, it's been a long, strange trip!! To explain the name: I was veg for 11 years, vegan for 1. In the last year or so I started eating poultry and fish again, but my brother-in-law's nickname for me (smelly vegetarian) has always stuck. Also...thanks a million to my Zaar fairy godperson :)!!! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif"> <img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">