Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
What a delicious apple dish - I don't think there is any better comfort food than an apple dish of any kind!! Enjoy your streusel with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea - m-m-m-m-m good!!! I found that I wanted a little more spice in the recipe, so I added a little apple pie spice to the filling.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (1/8 ml) envelopesfleichmann's instant fast rise yeast
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk, very warm (regular,2%, fat-free)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (2 1/3 ml) can apple pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- BATTER: Mix batter ingredients together in a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- FILLING: Top batter with apple pie filling.
- TOPPING: In a separate small bowl, mix streusel topping ingredients with a fork until uniform in consistency,. Sprinkle topping over pie filling.
- Bake by placing in a cold oven. Set temperature to 350F, baking for 30 minutes or until done,.