Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is from My Daily Moment's emailed newsletter.
- 3 lbs pork roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large skillet add oil and heat until hot. Place roast in skillet and sear on both sides.
- Using a large roasting pan add one onion and remaining ingredients. Transfer browned roast to roasting pan and top with the second onion.
- Cover and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours basting the roast every hour with juices. If liquids begin to boil away add more coffee or soy sauce as needed. Pan juices can be used to make gravy but do not add salt.
I don't have a roasting pan so I made this in an oven bag. The only thing I added was a tablespoon of flour as called for in the oven bag. I left the salt out, because even the reduced sodium soy sauce is high in salt. It turned out perfect. Flavor was good, but I may add ground pepper and extra garlic next time.
wow oh wow this was good try this one dont add any salt as the soy sauce added enough for me
I made this for Sunday dinner. It was enjoyed by the entire family. Served with green beans and yellow rice.