Recipe by lauralie41
This recipe is from My Daily Moment's emailed newsletter.
Top Review by Susie D
I adapted this to use in the crockpot for easy weekend cooking. I used a crockpot liner bag, added the ingredients, set it on high, and was rewarded with delicious roast. It couldn't have been easier. We liked the flavor imparted by the coffee and soy sauce and the liquid in the crockpot made wonderful gravy. I used leftovers to make a biscuit topped pot pie later in the week. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 3 lbs pork roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large skillet add oil and heat until hot. Place roast in skillet and sear on both sides.
- Using a large roasting pan add one onion and remaining ingredients. Transfer browned roast to roasting pan and top with the second onion.
- Cover and bake for 3 1/2 to 4 hours basting the roast every hour with juices. If liquids begin to boil away add more coffee or soy sauce as needed. Pan juices can be used to make gravy but do not add salt.