Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A southwestern dip sure to please the masses. It can even be made 1 day in advanced and refrigerated.
- 453.59 g refried beans
- 354.88 ml medium salsa
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 3.69 ml dried oregano
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml finely chopped red onion
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded, deribbed, and chopped
- 236.59 ml grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, cut into rounds (about 20)
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine the refried beans, 1/4 cup of the salsa, the chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a medium bowl. Spread evenly over the bottom of a 9-inch round ceramic casserole dish (at least 2 inches deep) or an 8-by-8-by-2 1/4-inch glass baking dish.
- Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, red onion, cilantro, and onion powder in a small bowl. Spread over the top of the beans mixture.
- Combine the bell pepper and the remaining 1 1/4 cups salsa in a small bowl. Gently spread over the sour cream mixture, being careful to not mix the layers. Top with the cheese and jalapeno and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.