Zucchini Apple Pie
photo by Jan A.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Peel zucchini and slice in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out soft center and seeds, and slice thin.
- Combine lemon juice and water.
- Put sliced zucchini and lemon water into a deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, and simmer, stirring often until zucchini is limp& opaque.
- Volume will reduce by about half.
- Drain but do not rinse.
- Leave over sink to continue to drain.
- Fit pie crust to pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg& salt.
- Add zucchini slices to bowl and toss to mix well.
- Put zucchini mixture in pie shell.
- For crumb topping, mix all dry ingredients.
- Cut in margarine.
- Put all crumbs on top of pie.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Can't believe I've been a member here for 18 years! It's changed a lot since the old RecipeZaar days and maybe or maybe not for the better. It used to be a community and now it's just a tool. Sad, but life goes on. I have been in Kentucky for 12 years now and enjoy the country lifestyle, along with master gardening. Recipes I've found here since Day One are still in my rotation. Don't entertain that much anymore, so finding new and exciting foods is no longer center stage. Just glad to have so many good recipes to fall back on because eating out is expensive and sometimes too far to drive.