Zippy Egg Casserole
This is easy to make and is always a hit.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package seasoned croutons
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- salt and pepper
- Cook sausage over medium-high heat until brown. Drain and crumble.
- In a lightly greased 13 X 9 casserole, arrange the croutons in a single layer. Layer with cheddar cheese, swiss cheese and pepperjack cheese. Top with the cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, half and half, milk, mustard, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. Let sit before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is very good and easy for a holiday morning breakfast. We had this for Thanksgiving morning. It is so great to just get up and pop a delicious breakfast in the oven. I followed the ingredients exactly but didn't put in onions because of DD. I also didn't put it in the layers because I like it all mixed up. Made for Cookbook Tag 2007.