Zharkoye (Russian Stew)
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 1 lb beef roast
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 aka parsnips parsley roots
- 1 celery root
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can beef broth
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and fry in butter until light golden.
- Slice onion, carrot, and roots, fry in butter until golden.
- Cube beef and fry in butter until light brown.
- In a ceramic pot, put beef, potatoes, onion, carrot, roots, garlic, season with salt and pepper and pour in the broth.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 350, or crockpot for 4 hours on low.
- 10 minutes before done, add sour cream and sprinkle with green.
- Serve Zharkoye with salad from fresh vegetables, pickles, sauerkraut and greens.
Join The Conversation