Yummy Kahlua Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla yogurt, low fat (3 6 oz. containers)
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, cored and shredded (I used Granny Smith)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
- maple syrup
- Soak raisins in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
- In a medium bowel mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar.
- In a large bowel, using an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy.
- Add vanilla yogurt, butter and Kahlua and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and beat on medium speed just until blended and smooth.
- Place shredded apples in the microwave for 60 seconds.
- Drain raisins on paper towels.
- Fold raisins and apples into batter and combine well.
- If batter is too thick, add a little more yogurt or more Kahlua.
- Heat griddle to medium heat (about 350 – 400 F).
- Spoon batter, ½ cup at a time, onto hot griddle and spread out to approximately 6-7 Inch pancakes.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
- Flip and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with toasted pecans and maple syrup. (Some of only used powdered sugar).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Enjoyed these pancakes so much, & even though I felt it necessary to leave out the Kahlua, except for that I followed the recipe! Did chop the toasted pecans before using them! ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING, & certainly a keeper! [Made & reviewed as a thanks to a chef-with-a-camera in Help a Camera-less Chef Game #5]