Yummy Hummus With Variations
photo by Outta Here
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1. Combine all of the ingredients except the garlic in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl several times to ensure an even smooth paste. Add more water for a thinner hummus. Stir in garlic. (Make-ahead: Scrape into an airtight container, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.)
- 2. Tip: If you like to accentuate the sesame flavour, drizzle in a little dark sesame oil with the olive oil.
- Hummus Variations:.
- -Cumin Hummus: Add 1 to 2 tsp ground cumin and a dash of hot pepper sauce to hummus.
- -Roasted Red Pepper Hummus: Whirl 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper and a splash of hot pepper sauce with the chickpeas and other ingredients.
- -Hummus with Herbs: Add 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to finished hummus.
- -Other Beans Hummus: Substitute white kidney beans for the chickpeas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Excellent hummus! I made the Cumin variation, and added sesame oil for half of the olive oil. We like ours thicker, so cut the amount of water in half. (I actually doubled the whole recipe EXCEPT the water, since I was making it for a crowd-it doubled easily.) Served with baked pita chips. Sprinkled with some paprika before serving.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.