Yorkshire Corned Beef Hash Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 pint cold water
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 ounces green lentils
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- 1 lb potato, roughly chopped
- beef stock cube (oxo)
- 1 (12 ounce) can corned beef (cold from Fridge)
- Place water in a pan, season and add the Bay leaves and Lentils, Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots and Mushrooms, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook on low heat untill potatoes are nearly cooked.
- Add Stock cube and cubed corned Beef.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes, thicken if necessary.
- Serve with crusty Bread as a hearty soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A scientist from Edinburgh who loves good food, fine wine and strong cheeses. Cook for friends often and love the challange of an exotic dish.