Labskaus (German Corned Beef Hash)
- Ready In:
- In saucepan, cook potatoes in salted water until tender; drain, add milk and mash with a potato masher, leaving them somewhat chunky.
- Add enough broth so the potatoes are wet, but not runny.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the onions in 2 teaspoons butter for about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Brown the corned beef until warmed through; set aside.
- Chop 5 of the beet slices into small dice, reserving the remainder.
- Combine the potatoes, browned onions, corned beef, chopped beets and one tablespoon beet juice; season with salt and pepper.
- In a clean skillet, fry the eggs in 2 teaspoon butter; season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the potato/corned beef/beet mixture between 4 plates.
- Top each with a fried egg and serve with remaining sliced beets, rollmops, and pickles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!