Yellow Squash Casserole
photo by sarikat
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) box herb bread stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease 2.5 quart round casserole dish with canola spray.
- Wash yellow squash and dice into small pieces.
- Chop onion finely.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion and squash in skillet 8-10 minutes.
- Add 2 T water, cover skillet and cook vegetables another 3 minutes until soft.
- Add cream of celery soup, sour cream, and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese to the skillet, mixing well.
- Add 2/3 of the dry stuffing mix to skillet, mixing thoroughly.
- Transfer skillet mixture to greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining half cup of cheddar cheese over top of mixture in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining one-third of dry stuffing mix on top of cheese layer.
- Melt 3 T butter and pour evenly over top of casserole.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!