Ww Potatoes With Onions
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can one-third-less reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme (I use 1/8 tsp dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and cook 20 minutes or until golden, stirring often.
- Add potato and remaining ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to high, and simmer 3 to 5 additional minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 15 more reviews
These are so, so good and so simple to make. The flavors were just wonderful for so little ingredients. My onion became very mushy but still added a lot of flavor. I used parsley in place of thyme because of personal preference. My photos don't look like yours, but I followed the directions for preparation. Thanks so much for sharing. Just wonderful.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>