- Ready In:
- Combine first 4 ingredients and warm on stove or in microwave, then put in a spray bottle and set aside.
- Rinse and drain 3 1/2 to 4 pounds chicken wings. Pour some of the Red Hot hot sauce over them and toss.
- Mix rest of spices in bowl.
- Add some of the spice mix to the chicken until generously coated. You will lose some in the cooking, so dont skimp.
- Place the wings on a gas grill (or smoker) and slow cook them at a low temperature.
- After 20 minutes baste/mist with sprayer at least every 10 minutes.
- Flip them after you mist them.
- Total cooking time should be around 1 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the heat of the grill.
- They are done when they break apart at the joint or you can break the wing tip off.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Well.. my mother did not teach me many things about cooking. We had the same things much of the time. So here I am! I have had fun learning how. My family must feel like guinea pigs, but most of the time they like what i try. I live on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Pretty rainy most of the time.