Whole Wheat and Oatmeal Bread
photo by Georgiapea
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- Add the ingredients to your bread machine pan according to your machine's instructions.
- Set to the dough cycle.
- When it is ready, take out the dough, shape into a loaf.
- This dough is very easy to handle.
- Place in a lightly greased or sprayed 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- Do not use a too large pan or your loaf will not turn out right.
- Cover and let rise about a half hour.
- Bake about 30 minutes at 350º or until nicely browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good bread. I made this by hand and accidentally added a full cup of oats. I also used 3 cups of King Arthur White Whole Wheat flour instead of half and half. I had to knead this for about 20 minutes (and it still could have stood a little longer but I was tired). It rose up nicely and baked into a beautiful, oatmeal-studded loaf. It is surprisingly moist. Thanks so much! **update - I meant to mention this last time - I don't have a bread machine, so I have to knead this by hand. It is VERY sticky. I probably add an additional cup of flour while I'm kneading - otherwise it gets stuck all over my hands and I have to scrape it off. Next time I will go ahead and add another 3/4 cup of flour before I start kneading and see how it goes.