White Devil Cake
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 (9") pans and line with wax paper.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, milk, eggs and oil, beat 3 minutes on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Add orange zest to cake batter and mix lightly.
- Pour batter into both prepared pans and bake in 350 degree oven for 25- 28 minutes.
- Place on racks for 15 minutes before removing pans, leave on racks until completely cooled.
- Stir remaining orange zest into whipped vanilla frosting and frost cake. Let sit for at least 2 hrs before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a good cake and so wonderfully easy to do. The cake mixes here in Australia are a different weight so I do have to jiggle and judge the amounts of the other ingredients. I did not frost with a canned frosting as they are very expensive to purchase here but served it with big strawberries and recipe #311465 - so yummy !
Good cake; very moist. The frosting turned out to be waaay too sweet for me & DH, but DS really liked it, so I kept the layers seperate and frosted just the one (I tried a little piece of the frosted one, and it was better on the cake but I still couldn't eat a real piece of it). I'd make the cake this way again but with a homemade frosting so I can control the sugar. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.