White Chocolate Popcorn
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces of nestle white chocolate chips
- 2 (3 1/3 ounce) bags popcorn (Stay away from the buttery kind)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. (Watch it closely if you use the microwave).
- Microwave 2 bags of popcorn or pop about 7 oz. popcorn kernels.
- In a large tub, (or 2 large bowls) drizzle melted white chocolate over popcorn. Mix and fluff as you go. Your looking for a light coat of chocolate on the popcorn -- too much will make the popcorn soggy and spongy.
- Let popcorn cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens. This is a great time to scoop servings of the popcorn into large ziplock baggys for easy storage.
- **Try bringing this to the party/couch/campout/slumberparty and letting your guest discover that it's not ordinary popcorn on their own ;) It's the greatest 1/2 a sec. in your life before you figure out what's goin' on.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love this recipe and I have adapted it over the years. I go to a candy supply store and buy the colored chocolate and make a batch of green and a batch of red then mix them together when dry. I also started using a large brown paper bag to mix. Just add popcorn, then add chocolate and shake. Put on a baking sheet to set. LOVE this as a snack anytime or as a great "candy dish" item for any holiday!! Color to suit!!
Perhaps I'm a sweetaholic, but I think the ratio of chocolate to popcorn needs to be modified. I made 7 oz (unpoppoed) popcorn and melted 6 oz chocolate and only used about 2/3 of the popcorn on the popped kernels. Next time, I'm going to try 6oz popcorn and 6 oz chocolate.<br/>I also add just a splash of water or milk to my chocolate to make it drizzle better and coat the popcorn.<br/>On the whole though, great idea that I never had had before! Shocking what great things one can do with two staples!
see 9 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Yay! We're finally back home in Texas! I just graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, in Scottsdale, AZ and couldn't be happier about being home! Right now I work dinner time at Las Canarias, at "La Mansion", on the Riverwalk when I'm not studying culinary anthropology and hanging out with my gorgeous hubby Dereck. I love recipezaar, and it makes my day everytime I get a comment about how someone enjoyed making one of my dishes for their family. I can't think of anything cooler than that!