White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cheesecake With Caramel and Raspbe
photo by lanemaloriyahoo.com
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1. Combine the raspberries, sugar, and orange juice in a saucepan. Whisk the cornstarch into the cold water until smooth. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 2. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the desired consistency is reached. The sauce will thicken further as it cools.
- 3. Puree the sauce in a blender or with a handheld immersion blender and strain it through a fine sieve. Serve warm or cold. The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to two wehttp://www.food.com/members/subm/editr2eks.
- 1. Heat sugar on moderately high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2-quart or 3-quart saucepan. As the sugar begins to melt, stir vigorously with a whisk or wooden spoon. As soon as the sugar comes to a boil, stop stirring. You can swirl the pan a bit if you want, from this point on.
- 2. As soon as all of the sugar crystals have melted (the liquid sugar should be dark amber in color), immediately add the butter to the pan. Whisk until the butter has melted.
- 3.Once the butter has melted, take the pan off the heat. Count to three, then slowly add the cream to the pan and continue to whisk to incorporate. Note than when you add the butter and the cream, the mixture will foam up considerably. This is why you must use a pan that is at least 2-quarts (preferably 3-quarts) big.
- 1. Grind 1/4 cup macadamia nuts in a blender.
- 2. Add to a bowl and add cracker crumbs, butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 3. Mix and press over bottom of 8 inch pan.
- 1. In another bowl, combine remaining sugar, cream cheese, yolks, liqueur, and vanilla. Beat, scraping bowl often.
- 2. Chop another 1/2 cup of nuts and mix into cream cheese mixture. Spread batter on crust.
- 3. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes, until cake jiggles just a bit when gently shaken. Cool on rack.
- 4. place chocolate chips in whatever design and amout you'd like. Then pour over desired amout of Raspberry and Caramel sauce over the cheesecake.
- 5. Cover with foil and chill until cold 2 hours to 1 day or overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!