Blueberry Macadamia Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 1⁄2 ounces macadamias, crushed in blender
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- For crust, combine crust ingredients and mix well. Press on bottom of 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- For 1st layer, crumble the cheese in large bowl; add vanilla extract, sugar and eggs.
- Beat on high speed with electric mixer until well blended and smooth,4 minutes.
- Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake at 40 minutes until set (not completely firm).
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes.
- For next layer, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread over cake.
- Bake for 5 minutes and let cool.
- To make topping, mix cornstarch with cold water forming smooth paste.
- Stir in the berries and cook until thickened. Let cool and then spread on cheesecake.
- Cool 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Something went terribly wrong here. Recipe was made as directed. The crust was delicious, the blueberry topping was okay, but the middle wasn't very good. The texture was not that of a "New York style" cheesecake that I am familiar with. I am thinking that the 40 minutes of baking time were not enough. My oven (according to the thermometer) was at temp., and the eggs and cream cheese were both allowed to come to room temperature before using, so I'm not sure exactly what happened. I will most likely try this recipe again to see if the results are different.
WOW. This was unbelievable...one of those recipes that you wish you could give more stars to. The crust was fantastic, the texture of the cheesecake was much like a New York cheesecake, and the blueberries were perfect, not too sweet. I was worried when I saw how big it was, but since I tasted it, I know none will go to waste. Thanks for sharing this incredible recipe! I will use this one for years to come!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hey there!~ My name is Crystal. I am 19,and living in Florida. I really love to cook,& bake all the time for my family.I just get so much enjoyment out of it! There is just something about the great aroma throughout the house when you bake something,creating special memories in the kitchen! A little more about me: I am a strict vegetarian,(almost vegan!,heh)but of course my whole family is not,so I cook just about anything! Other than cooking-I like to read,surf the net and create art. My favorite websites are: www.ebay.com & www.witchvox.com (I'm wiccan) Of course,the Zaar has become my favorite website! I love how friendly the people are and how interactive this place is!