Wheat Germ Muffins
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Line or grease muffin tin.
- Beat egg, mix with milk.
- Add wheat germ to milk and egg mixture- let stand a minute or two to 'hydrate'.
- Sift dry ingredients into slurry mix.
- Add oil and honey and stir.
- Fill muffin cups about half full.
- Bake 15-20 min.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a good basic recipe for a healthy, fiber-full muffin, but it looked like it needed some extras. I added 1 cup of raisins, 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and a splash of vanilla extract. I had to add a couple of extra Tbsps of milk after adding the extras as I felt the batter was a bit too thick. They turned out EXCELLENT! They had a great texture which was not dense or flat! I will most definitely make these again.