Warm Wild Mushroom Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, minced
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 cups mixed wild mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, cremini, chantrelle, sliced if large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly cracked
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy (or Cognac) (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook shallots until tender and golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook just until fragrant (do not let garlic brown), about 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and saute until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle with vinegar, thyme and tarragon. Cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with brandy if using. Serve warm.
- Use immediately or store, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!