Warm Spinach and Pear Salad With Bacon Dressing
Serve as a firt course, or a light luncheon dish with whole grain bread. You can vary the flavor and texture by substituting apples, peaches, papayas or melon for the pear. Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) bag spinach, rinsed dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- Place spinach in large bowl.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- Discard all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings from skillet.
- Add oil to drippings in skillet and heat.
- Add onion; cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pear to spinach.
- Pour hot dressing over spinach and pear; toss well to coat.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle over salad.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION