Walnut-Pear Sour Cream Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup broken walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup broken walnuts
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, add 1/3 cup flour.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until the consistancy of coarse crumbs.
- Add 3/4 cup of the walnut mixture and stir to combine.
- Set walnut mixture and crumb mixture aside.
- In a bowl, toss pears with lemon juice; set aside.
- In another bowl mix together 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In yet another bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter on medium speed of an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition until well mixed.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the sour cream to egg mixture.
- Beat on low speed after each addition until combined.
- Spread two-thirds of batter into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved walnut mixture.
- Layer pears evenly over walnut mixture.
- Spread remaining batter over pears.
- Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until tests done.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the sides of the pan.
- Remove side of springform pan.
- Cool for 1 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So delicious, rich and moist. I baked it in two loaf pans for 40 min. There are two steps missing after #10: Add the sour cream; add the flour mixture. I also sprinkled the final walnuts on top at the same time as the crumb mixture. It seemed strange to open the oven door after 10 min. to add them. I was worried the cake would fall.Reply