Vietnamese Sweet Rice Squares
Found for playing in the Asian Forum. ;) It's essentialy rice pudding squares. OH MY.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups uncooked glutinous rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar or 1 1/2 cups shaved palm sugar
- Put rice and water in a rice cooker and cook until rice is done, about 60 minutes.
- Put the coconut milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar or palm sugar and simmer, stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and simmer, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- The mixture should still be slightly moist.
- Press into a square pan, cut & enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more