Vietnamese Meat Pie Snacks
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 (17 1/3 ounce) packages puff pastry, thawed (I use Pepperridge farm)
- 1⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 lb ground pork or 1/4 lb mild pork sausage
- 0.25 (8 ounce) package liverwurst
- 1⁄2 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn, cracked
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Brown the ground beef, set aside in big mixing bowl.
- Brown the ground pork, add to ground beef.
- Saute onions and garlic, add to meat mixture.
- Add liverwurst, pepper, salt, soy sauce and sesame oil to meat mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a floured surface lay down one sheet of puff pastry.
- Cut sheet into 9 smaller squares, I use a pizza cutter.
- Place a tablespoon of meat mixture in the middle of each pastry square.
- Fold pastry square in half to make a triangle form.
- Press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheets. (at this point you can freeze the triagles in a single layer to have on hand at all times).
- On greased cookie sheet, lay triangle in a single layer.
- Beat egg with a little bit of water, (1 tablespoon).
- Brush triangle with egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown (20-25 minutes if frozen).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!