Vidalia Onion, Tomato and Basil Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lowfat mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together and let marinate 20 minutes at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was super yummy even though My husband ate the cheese, so mine didn't have any. I also used tomatoes from the garden and normal onion, as that's what I had, and it still tasted good. If i had been thinking I would've cut the tomatoes into wedge slices or bigger bite size pieces... because it said chopped, I cut the tomatoes into smaller pieces. Also I imagine that goat cheese would do very well in this salad. after i cut the tomatoes I noticed lots of juice as mine were seedy, so I strained them before adding in the liquids.