Very Low Carb Vanilla Quick Bread
Variation of a recipe I found at http://community.livejournal.com/pcos_recipes/3673.html - I think it is delicious!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla whey protein
- 1⁄8 cup pasteurized liquid egg-whites
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 (1 ounce) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400*F; Oil a Pyrex loaf pan and set aside.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix all liquid ingredients in a large bowl; then add dry ingredients and mix with hand mixer for one minutes. Pour into loaf pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- This bread slices like regular bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
It rose fine for me, but had a dry texture despite being moist. I only made it once, so I couldn't tell you if adding more oil will fix that or not. Also, I never seem to like the flavor of fake sugar cooked (Splenda or Aspartame), so I just couldn't really get into this bread. I know this is probably obvious to experienced cookers, but be patient, and wait until it cools before you cut into it or it will sink. (Yes, I was impatient... it smelled good!)Reply
This bread turned out wonderfully light and did have the consistency of bread. The only problem I had was that it did not rise at all. It might be because I used a silicone loaf pan instead of a Pyrex one. I will have to try this again in a Pyrex loaf pan. The bread had a distinct vanilla flavor, and the whole house smelled liked vanilla as this was baking in the oven. :yummy: I'm not submitting a picture at this time because my bread didn't rise properly. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov, 2009.Reply