Venezuelan Guasacaca (Without Avocado- Food Cart Version)
photo by LexiMStL
- Ready In:
2-3 mason jars
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro, roots and lower stems removed
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 purple onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 large green bell pepper, seeded and deveined
- 4 sweet peppers, halved (aji dulce)
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 6 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper, 1/4-1/2 cup water (to taste, reserved)
- Put all ingredients in blender
- Add some of the reserved water .
- Blend on coarse setting for 20 seconds.
- Stir, then repeat 2 more times, adding water if neccesary.
- You want a creamy and not watery consistency with very small chunks. It should be able to go through a “ketcup-like sqeezy bottle” (technical term).
- If you want avocado for a creamier version, just add one.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!