Vegetable Coconut and Peanut Curry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This creamy curry with sweet, chunky pieces of butternut squash makes a great meat-free main course.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ounce cilantro
- 3 red chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 4 carrots, halved and cut into 1/2in slices
- 1 butternut squash, deseeded and roughly sliced
- 1 3⁄4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanuts, roasted and chopped
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- Measure out 7/8 cup hot water in a large jug, add the peanut butter and stir until it dissolves. Stir in the tomato paste, lime zest and juice, Thai fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Remove the leaves from the cilantro and set aside. Chop the stalks and roots as finely as possible and mix with the chopped chili peppers, garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions over a high heat for a few minutes until they start to soften and slightly brown.
- Add the carrots and fry for 2 minutes, followed by the squash. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle over the chili mixture, cook for one minute and pour over the coconut milk and the peanut butter mixture. Simmer until the liquid has reduced a little and the vegetables are tender – about 25 – 30 minutes.
- For the last minute add the spinach, allowing it to wilt a little. Season to taste, sprinkle with the coilantro leaves and chopped roasted peanuts. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION