Vegan, Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza (Inspired by Taco Bell)
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1 cup vegan cheese, shredded
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sautee onion in oil. Add beans and taco seasoning. Heat through.
- Spread mixture evenly on 5 tortillas. Top with other 5 tortillas.
- Spread with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle tomatoes, then cheese, then olives, then green onions on top, dividing evenly between all five "pizzas.".
- Broil in oven for 1-2 minutes or until "cheese" is melted.
- Cut each "pizza" into four sections with pizza cutter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this. We used 1 can of spicy refried beans and one can regular. We made it vegan by using vegan cheese on it. It was delicious. The only thing I'd say I did different was take the tortillas off the top because in the broiler, they curled up and didn't add much to the pizza. Will definitely make it again.
This actually tasted very much like a mexican pizza at Taco Bell! I just changed it a little. I fried the tortillas until crispy. Then when you put them under the broiler they soften a little bit, making it easier to cut into pieces. This was a very simple dinner to make. My daughter loved it, she ate hers and half of mine! I have been a vegan for a while and I have been trying to get my daughter to eat less meat, which has been a challange. This was a perfect recipe! She didn't even notice that there were no animals harmed in the making of it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/451456/Paula+Grad+18.JPG I'm a grad student and also teach at two different schools, so I need some fast/easy recipes. I try to eat vegan, and most of my creations are also gluten-free because my husband is Diabetic/Celiac. I don't post any recipes I have not personally tried and liked.