Vanilla and Coconut Muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- coconut, for sprinkling
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon butter
- milk, to mix
- In large bowl mix together flour, coconut, baking powder and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl mix together butter, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Make well in centre of dry ingredients and add milk mixture.
- Stir to just combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pans and bake at 190 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Top with vanilla icing and sprinkle with coconut.
- To make icing mix ingredients together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American, living between London and New Zealand. I love to cook and try new recipes and have tried many new things since living in the UK and New Zealand. When I bake, I like to start from scratch and don't use cake mixes, fake foods like Cool Whip or premade frostings. I am really happy cooking and get a huge sense of satisfaction when people enjoy dishes and treats that I make. I would love to open my own business in the food industry some day, but still working on that idea!