Valerie's Perfected French Silk Pie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 3 ounces hershey baking chocolate, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, chilled
- 1 pie shells (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!) or 1 chocolate crumb pie shell, If you make it yourself, chill the crust first (I prefer chocolate. Do not use graham cracker pie shell!)
- whipped cream (Cool Whip works great) or whipped topping (Cool Whip works great)
- slivered almonds
- Creme softened, but not melted, butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate with 2 teaspoons of water and blend with vanilla.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, beating each for at least 2 minutes before adding the next.
- Whip until very light and fluffy.
- Pour immediately into pie shell and refrigerate (before it loses it's fluffiness).
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and sprinkle with almond slivers.
- (I grate up some of the unsweetened chocolate to make chocolate curls, or sprinkles at least).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!