Ultimate Pecan Pie
This is a wonderful pecan pie which I make each Thanksgiving. This recipe was given to me by a friend who owned a bakery which was noted for this delightful pie. I have scaled it down to make one 9" pie. I am always asked to make this pie all year round but I only make it for the holidays because I want to keep it special.
- Ready In:
- 1 -9 inch deep dish unbaked pie shell
- 3 jumbo eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup (Karo medium with brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup (Karo dark)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 7⁄8 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- Melt butter in sauce pan on low heat, stir in brown sugar and remove from heat.
- In large bowl mix eggs, white sugar, melted butter and brown sugar mixture; Add both types of Karo mixing well.
- Stir vanilla, salt, and pecans into mixture.
- Pour mixture into pie crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted into near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.