Ultimate Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package banana instant pudding
- 6 bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons vinegar (let sit in milk for 5 minutes before adding to recipe)
- Cream butter, sugar and pudding mix in mixing bowl.
- Hand mash bananas and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk + vinegar.
- Gradually add eggs, flour vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Pour batter evenly into 6 mini loaf pans or 4 larger loaf pnas.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes - 1 hour depending on oven and altitude.
- Bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This recipe is great. I subsituted a package of french vanilla pudding, as I had no banana pudding, and only used 1 tsp. of vanilla instead of 2. This recipe made 2 large loaves, and it's a good idea not to cut the recipe in half as it yields such wonderful bread, you'll be glad you have that second loaf! The top comes out nice and crunchy, and the entire bread, including the end pieces, are moist and full of flavor. Bravo!