Udon Noodle Soup
photo by quickbitechef
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, stems and florets separated and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 (7 ounce) packages fresh udon noodles
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 -5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- salt, to taste
- In a small pan bring vegetable broth to a boil, lower heat and let it simmer. In the meanwhile get started on the below step.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and onion, saute until light brown. Add all the remaining vegetables, udon noodles and soy sauce. Season with the salt, and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. To this add the vegetable broth and let the it simmer for 5-6 minutes, check noodles for thorough cooking. Season with freshly ground pepper and additional salt, to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to create and share recipes that can be made in a jiffy and perfect for those rushed weekdays. A full time job, a toddler driving me mad and cooking meals became a nightmare until I started cooking and collecting quick fix meals. Other than cooking I am a dog lover and I have set up my food blog to help shelters and rescue dogs in need. I am actively involved with various animal welfare organizations.