Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce)
photo by Greeny4444
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt (12 ounces, I use Greek or fat-free plain)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced (from a jar)
- 1 small cucumber (I use a medium one)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In an airtight container (that can hold 2 cups), combine the yogurt, salt, and the garlic.
- Peel the cucumber, and remove the seeds if they are large. Finely chop the cucumber.
- Squeeze the cucumber bits to get rid of any excess liquid, then add it to the yogurt.
- Stir in the dill, pepper, and the vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an active lady, and I am not the top chef in the world, but I can hold my own. I love making things that remind me of when I was little, I love trying out new recipes, and I love learning new things to cook. Most of the recipes I post are recipes I loved that I found online, but that I have tweaked just a bit. I do have some family recipes on here too. I love to bake, probably more than anything else in the kitchen. I love to bike ride. I like to read, travel, kayak (I've only been twice, but I loved it), hike, camp, basically any outdoorsy/active stuff.?