Twin Chocolate Delights
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter (should be 1 cup, melted)
- 2 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (unsweetened, for baking)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs (beaten, just whip them up with a fork)
- 3 cups flour (no need to sift)
- 1 cup nuts (chopped, this is optional and you can use your choice of nuts)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., rack in the middle position.
- Melt butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add the sugar and mix. Then add the cocoa, soda, salt, vanilla and stir until smooth. Add the beaten eggs and stir throughly. Mix in the flour, the chopped nuts (if you want to use them), and then the chocolate chips.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet. (They'll flatten out as you bake them.).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to complete cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I can't tell you how many times I've made this receipe and every time the result is the same - they're raw in the middle. I've cooked these cookies for up to 14 minutes and there's no difference. I'm prying them off the cookie sheet. The outside rim is cooked and has risen, the inside is raw and flat. I follow the recipe exactly and use a very high quality cocoa.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook...will try to make just about anything and am always sharing my recipes with friends. I figured this would be a great way to keep track of all of them as well as get great new ideas. I travel the world for work and try to pick up recipes from every trip I go on!