Tuscan Style Spareribs With Balsamic Glaze
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, preferably one aged for at least 5 years
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, fennel seeds, paprika, coriander, crushed red pepper, allspice, salt & pepper. Rub the spice paste all over the spareribs and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange the ribs on a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, meaty side up. Roast the ribs for 2 hours or until tender.
- Preheat the broiler. Brush the meaty side of the ribs with the balsamic vinegar and broil 6 inches from the heat until browned, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut between the ribs and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a self-taught home cook who reads cookbooks like a novel. Then I try out all different nationalities of recipes, especially the more complicated ones...I love a challenge! I entertain often and enjoy cooking for others more than for myself. If my friends and family are happy eating my cooking, then I'm ecstatic!