Tuscan Halibut for Two
Simple no muss no fuss recipe using foil to bake or grill. Easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean up.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans or (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce, divided
- 2 halibut steaks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 lemon slices
- 2 sheets aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 450°F and combine beans, tomato, and 1 tablespoons pesto; mix well. Center 1/2 of bean mixture on each foil sheet.
- Top each with one halibut steak; drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle halibut with lemon pepper. Top with lemon slices. Bring up sides of foil and double fold. Double fold ends under, leaving room for heat circulation inside packets.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven. Serve with remaining pesto.
- Grill: Preheat grill to medium-high and grill 14 to 18 minutes in a covered grill. Serve with remaining pesto.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was so delicious. The recipe doesn't call for it, but make sure you salt and pepper the halibut before placing it on top of bean mixture. I also added a bit of salt to the bean mixture (diamond Kosher - less salty). Cooked on the grill in pkg for 15 minutes and it was absolutely perfect. At first I thought it was too much bean mixture but after it cooks it was a perfect portion as the tomatoes cooked down. Delicious sauce. I did double the pesto - used the 2 tbsp. in the bean mixture and added tBsp each after finished cooking. Seriously a keeper. Would be so easy to double and serve 4 or more as long as you have room on grill. Thank you!Reply
Delicious and healthy! Full of fiber and omega 3s, yet it tasted fantastic. My only suggestion would be to either cut the tomato/bean mixture in half, or use four fish steaks. I had to throw some of it out because I couldn't pile it any higher. Other than than, it was a winner that would be a great do-ahead dish for a dinner party. Thank you.Reply
see 5 more