- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans or 2 cups walnuts, divided
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease foil-lined 13x0" baking pan.
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in microwavable bowl on high until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir sugar into chocolate until well blended.
- Mix in eggs.
- Stir in flour.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 25 min.
- or unt il batter is firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, microwave caramels and cream in microwavable bowl on high 3 min.
- or until caramels begin to melt. Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup nuts.
- Gently spread caramel mixture over brownie batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour remaining unbaked brownie batter evenly over caramel mixture; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- (Some caramel mixture may leak through.) Bake 30 min.
- Cool in pan.
- run knife around edge of pan to loosen brownies from sides.
- Lift from pan using foil as handles.
- Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation