Turkey Tofu Stroganoff
photo by DayJahView
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces lean ground turkey (99% Lean)
- 12 ounces tofu
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 3 cups red cabbage
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups nonfat yogurt (plain)
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (lemon pepper)
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (hot)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Slice garlic very thin, shred carrot, celery against the grain of the stalk and cook turkey meat on medium heat in large skillet for 5 minutes. Cut pea pods in half, chop cabbage and slice peppers. Add to turkey along with chicken broth, seasonings and white wine. Simmer for 5 minutes more. Slice and chop tofu and spinach and slice mushrooms. Add to the skillet and simmer 2 minutes longer. Just prior to serving add three cups of plain, fat-free yogurt heating through. Serve over egg noodles. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Prior to my ever hearing about the movie Julie and Julia, realeased August, 2009, I came up with an idea to make 52 different Sunday dinners at my house over the course of one year. Present would always be my saintly common-law husband Peter, my beloved 29-year-old son Elijah and his ever-thoughtful girlfriend Sabrina carrying my precious grand-darling Arianna along with any family or close friends who happen to be in town. I only half realized the great challenge before me as I tended to eat a very limited diet on a day-to-day basis. Thanks to Recipezaar I've simplified this challenge somewhat with the ingredient search engine alone. While never copying anyone's recipe exactly, I've been inspired by the volume and variety of delicious-sounding dishes at my fingertips. I Thank all contributors for taking the time to share. I'm approaching week 34 tomorrow. Thus far, based on the kids' weekly ratings, I have two five stars!! I'll publish them soon. In the meantime, Happy Cooking!