Tuna Tomato Casserole
Here's a delicious twist on good old tuna casserole. The tomatoes freshen up this favorite and lighten it while the cheese adds its own goodness. It's easy to put this together which makes it a good weeknight meal choice. Additional tuna may be added, if desired.
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 8 -10 plum tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup) or 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine in a bowl, the tuna, mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper.
- After draining cooked noodles, return them to their pan. Add the tuna mixture and mix to blend well.
- Layer 1/2 of the noodle mixture in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Top with 1/2 of tomatoes and 1/2 of cheese. Press down lightly; repeat layers.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great idea, and so delicious with the juicy tomatoes added! I put in celery, pimiento, a few dashes of seafood seasoning by Spice Hunter, and crushed potato chips on top--mostly because that's what tuna noodle casserole means to me. But loved the idea of the tomatoes and cheese, and the layers, and this made a fresh new dish!Reply