Tuna and Avocado Shell Salad
photo by Chef h&h
- Ready In:
- 12 jumbo pasta shells, fresh cooked
- 2 cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup baby greens
- bottled balsamic vinaigrette
- In medium bowl, combine avocado, tuna, oil, lemon juice, chives and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into shells.
- Place 1/4 c of baby greens on 4 plates.
- Top with cantaloupe wedge.
- Arrange 3 stuffed shells per plate, around cantaloupe wedge.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a wonderful change of pace for tuna!!! I added extra mustard it needed some extra flavor for our taste. I did not have balsamic vinaigrette handy so I added Raspberry vinaigrette. They looked and tested great. Thank you very much for this, easy and really very nice looking recipe. I will definitely make it again! I took some pictures I intend to post them soonâ€¦
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have a growing family - 3 horses, 2 dogs (1 being a Great Dane)!, 2 children, 2 cats and a boyfriend. I work quite a bit either at work or on the farm taking care of the "children" - my boyfriend is a stay at home "step-dad" to all and is a former chef so we like to find new ways to cook old foods. This year we will be growing an organic garden and I am ever so excited about it. Organics are a large part of our lives, and they can really put a strain on your pocket book!