True Wisconsin Bloody Mary
photo by Leggy Peggy
- Ready In:
- Fill a large tumbler with ice cubes. Pour in the vodka, then drop in the olives and the olive brine.
- Season with celery salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with tomato and clam juice cocktail.
- Stir with the celery stalk and leave it in as a garnish.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of celery salt before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Decided to make this in preparation for my trip to New Orleans which has wonderful Bloody Mary's. It was really good and I enjoyed the flavor, it was spot on. I never got a chance to post this before leaving on my trip, so I must say it rivaled a couple of the Bloody Marys I had in New Orleans and surpassed many of them.
Three cheers for Wisconsin! The last time I had a Bloody Mary that tasted and looked this good was about 30 years ago when my cousin took me to a posh cocktail bar in New Orleans. For this one, I cut back just a bit on the black pepper and skipped the clam part of the tomato juice (not available in Australia). Can imagine adding a beef stick. Can also recommend it as a delicious and refreshing drink on a hot summer day.