Trout with lemon, capers, rosemary and anchovies
- Ready In:
- 2 trout fillets (but would work with most fish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup capers
- 1⁄2 cup rosemary
- 8 anchovies (I used a small tin, containing about 8 anchovy fillets since that's how they're sold over here in th)
- 2⁄3 lemon, depending on quantity of fish
- white wine (although water would be ok)
- salt and pepper
- Mix the olive oil, capers and rosemary.
- Put fish in an ovenproof dish.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the fish.
- Thinly slice the lemons and arrange the slices so that they cover the fish completely.
- Drain the anchovies of oil, slice in half and drape over the lemon slices.
- Add splash of white wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in oven at 200c for 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked.
- I served this with rice flavoured with lemon juice and black pepper and a side dish of brocolli.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I can't believe that anyone would actually want to read this, but here goes anyway: I live in the UK where we're not famed for our food, but I love cooking and eating. I'm not really wicked or a water witch, but a thirtysomething mother of one. I also love the drinking, laughing and good conversation that often accompanies a decent meal.