This rice has such sweet and comforting aroma. Coconut, pineapple...you'll love it. I was looking for a rice dish to go with my Recipe #382313 and this is what I found on the net. To add an extra layer of flavor you could substitute some of the chicken broth with lime juice or orange juice and to make it spicy add a minced scotch bonnet pepper.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups rice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- chopped macadamia nuts, to taste (or almonds)
- toasted coconut flakes, to taste
- Rinse rice and add to a pot with the broth and coconut milk (and juice if you want) and cook until done. I use a rice cooker.
- Fluff up the rice and add the pineapple, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar. Mix well, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Top rice with green onions, nuts and coconut flakes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Wow! I have to give this a 5, even though we didn't use the pineapple. I LOVED the coconut milk in this. I've just started using it and am so glad I found this recipe. I did in the rice cooker, but had to add a bunch more broth and added some olive oil. I made with your recipe#313537 and both were a hit! Made for V@gan Swap 8-09. UPDATE: This made it into my Top Fav's of 2009 cookbook. Original Review 8-1-09.Reply
GREAT, GREAT COMBO OF INGREDIENTS here ~ The coconut & pineapple is always nice together, but the addition of the green onions & nuts took it up another notch! Another time I just might take the hint & substitute OJ for half of the chicken broth! Another nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the VIP chef in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 13]Reply