Triple Apple Bread (Bread Machine)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Your kitchen will smell so wonderful while this is baking. Recipe from Quick Cooking. Cook time per breadmaking machine.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 3⁄4 cup warm apple juice (70 to 80 degrees)
- 1⁄4 cup warm applesauce (70 to 80 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Use basic bread setting.
- Check dough after five minutes of mixing and add 1 to 2 tablespoonfuls of water or flour as needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We really liked the way this turned out, although it was way too sticky and wet with these proportions (and I'm a careful measurer) so I think I had to add another 2 - 3 tablespoons of flour. Also, hubby was disappointed that the apple got completely mixed in and wasn't more noticeable, so I might wait to mix it in later instead of at the start. Or maybe chop it more coarsely. But we'll definitely be making this again!Reply
I wasn't as happy with this bread as I expected to be. It didn't rise very well so it was heavy and dry. It might be because the applesauce and applejuice were cold when I used them. I've never found I had to warm stuff up before but maybe this recipe needs it. I'm going to give it another go and hopefully change my review.Reply
see 3 more