- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 8 ounces amaretti, crushed
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier or 1/4-1/2 cup kirsch
- 16 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg yolks or 2 equivalent amount egg substitute
- 2 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- confectioners sugar
- Soak the cookie crumbs in the Grand Marnier in a bowl. Heat the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Add the butter, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl until blended. Stir in a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Stir the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture. Let stand until cool.
- Beat the whipping cream in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Layer the chocolate mixture and cookie mixture alternately in a greased 8-inch springform pan until all of the ingredients are used. Chill, covered, for several hours. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!