Tossed Salad With A Difference
- Ready In:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley, fresh is definitely best
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces canned chow mein noodles
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- salad greens, sufficient for 8 people
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- Dressing: In a food processor or blender, combine all dressing ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- May be made 24 hours ahead.
- Noodles: In an oven-proof dish, combine all noodle ingredients, mixing well.
- Heat in a preheated 200 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Salad: Place greens in a large salad bowl.
- Just before serving, add water chestnuts then warm noodles.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great salad recipe. The dressing was very very tasty. I made it up the night before my dinner party and let the flavours mingle. The noodles and the water chestnuts were a nice difference.I didn;t change a thing and I am glad I didn't. I'm always looking for new salads and dressings keep them coming TPubmgjbd
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just love to cook, that's about it. I like trying new recipes for the same thing until I find the ultimate, absolutely best recipe there is for it. Fortunately, I have lots of friends and co-workers who are more than happy to sample for me.